Director of Sales
At Genus Technologies, we help customers solve complex digital transformation challenges through the use of intelligent document automation, content services, and process transformation solutions. We provide software, consulting and support services. We build repeatable solutions to complement our channel partners’ (Kofax, IBM, and Nuxeo) offerings with our own intellectual property. We are an experienced team of engineers, developers, creative thinkers, problem solvers, and overall smart people.
Who We are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales to lead and expand our revenue generating activities, as a “player/coach”. The successful candidate will be charged with working with our legacy clients to expand our offerings across the entire organization, leverage their network of contacts to identify potential new clients, oversee and mentor a team of 3-4 revenue generating Account Executives to further develop their closing ratios. The successful candidate should have a track record of success in the business-to-business software and services market. In this position you will be a member of our senior leadership team and report directly to the COO with close collaboration with the CEO. Specifically, your time will be split into 4 key areas:
- 50% - Client facing, expansion of existing client business by introducing the Genus solutions to other parts of current clients
- 10% - Client facing, securing new clients by leveraging your network of contacts, identifying new prospects
- 25% - Managing, mentoring, coaching the team
- 15% - Creative/Strategic thinking, serving as a "thought partner" to the CEO
You may be a great fit for this position if:
- You have a demonstrable history of expanding legacy client engagements by presenting services to new departments and divisions
- Your passion lies in identifying the key stakeholders and decision makers across large enterprise clients, leveraging the work we are doing in other areas of the company to increase revenue per customer
- You enjoy providing consultative solution selling to C-level and mid-level management stakeholders in Information Technology and Business.
- You have a proven ability to effectively sell through a medium to long term sales cycle – 6-12 months
- You can effectively communicate how a suite of intelligent document automation, content services, and business process transformation solutions can enhance and improve the customer’s operations and business.
- You can manage a sales pipeline, sales planning, and forecast while monitoring capacity constraints.
- You have experience working in a growing small business and meeting growth goals.
- You have a proven record of leading and developing sales teams.
- You can collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Practice Leads on initiatives and business development activities to drive new customer opportunities
- You have a proven record of defining, creating, and executing an overall sales strategy that leads to increased sales.
- You can demonstrate your exceptional time management and organizational skills
Primary Duties and responsibilities
- Directly engage with customers and manage key accounts
- Increasing revenue per customer and increasing the close ratio of our sales team
- Identifying potential new customers to pursue
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure performance and quota attainment.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets for yourself and your team.
- Play an active leadership role and be the voice of sales on the Leadership Team.
- Manage a team of Account Executives.
- Managing and monitoring a sales strategy that supports the broader company vision and growth plans.
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, and development for your team.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Marketing, Technology, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical services and software sales to mid-market and enterprise level customers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience directly supervising sales professionals.
- A “can-do” attitude and the ability to tackle challenges in a positive and thoughtful way.
- Experience as a player/ coach.
- Ability to collaborate and manage up, down, and across as a member of the leadership team.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Rock Star Qualifications
- Experience selling tech consulting services into the Insurance, Banking and/or State and Local government sectors (preferred).
- Experience working for a Software Systems Integrator or Value-Added Reseller (strongly preferred) .
- Experience with Business Process Management (BPM), Enterprise Content Management/Services (ECM), or Intelligent Document Automation (preferred).
- Experience creating, implementing, and gaining adoption of the sales process.